Monday, July 02, 2007

Council Tax Rebate For Flood Victims

As a result of the recent flooding, many Howdenshire residents have had to leave their homes. In these circumstances, residents can apply for a council tax exemption, which means they will not have to pay council tax on the affected property for an initial period of up to six months.

Where properties have been structurally damaged and in need of major repairs, and residents are unable to live in their homes after six months, then a further exemption can be claimed for an additional six months.

In order to claim an exemption, properties must be unoccupied due to flood damage.

Anyone wishing to claim an exemption can telephone Billing and Collection on (01482) 394747 or call into their local customer service centre.

No comments: